Firefox 9 on F16 can not set Home Page

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 29 14:12:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 22:56 +0000, g wrote:
> On 12/27/2011 09:28 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > In Firefox 9 in F16 I can't set the home page. I make my web page
> > www.Google.com. Then I go to preferences and click "Use Current Page".
> > This works for a while. But when I reboot the home page becomes Bing.
> > Is anyone else having this trouble and know how to fix it?
> -=-
>
> this has happened many times with firefox releases and with 9.
>
> have a look at this page;
>
>   http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How%20to%20set%20the%20home%20page
>
> also, are you opening pages in a new tab or window?

I reported that the method described in the web page worked. Well the
home page I set survived a restart but not a shut down and reboot.
So I am mystified why this behavior is different than all other versions
of firefox and how to make the home page stay as I set it.
Universities are places of knowledge. The freshman each bring a little
in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge accumulates.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net