Firefox 9 on F16 can not set Home Page

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 29 21:21:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 15:59 +0000, g wrote:
> On 12/29/2011 03:37 PM, g wrote:
> > On 12/29/2011 02:12 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > <>
> >
> >> I reported that the method described in the web page worked. Well the
> >> home page I set survived a restart but not a shut down and reboot.
> >> So I am mystified why this behavior is different than all other versions
> >> of firefox and how to make the home page stay as I set it.
> > -=-
> >
> > did you try clicking "help > restart with extensions disabled".?
> -=-
>
> that should have read "Help>Restart with Add-ons Disabled". when firefox
> restarts, does it restart with 'bing'?
>
> you may have picked up an add-on that is kicking you to 'bing'.
>
> open firefox, enter 'about:config' in url bar, filter with 'bing'. if
> anything shows, post it to list.
>
> have a look at this link;
>
>   https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/896169

Disabling adons has the same behavior as not disabling them.
I can change the home page to Google and when firefox restarts it is
still Google. However if I shut the machine down Bing is back. There is
no Bing in by about:config display. I agree there must be a
configuration of some sort lying around that wants my home page to be
bing.

I will try what is described in you link above but it might have to wait
a few days. Again thanks for staying with me on solving this problem.
There is never time to do it right, but always time to do it over.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net