where is the config for dynamically added volumes in nautilus?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 01:49:31 UTC 2011

--- On Thu, 12/29/11, Da Rock <fedora-list at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> From: Da Rock <fedora-list at herveybayaustralia.com.au>
> Subject: where is the config for dynamically added volumes in nautilus?
> To: "'Community support for Fedora users'" <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Date: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 5:14 PM
> I've googled for close to a week to
> resolve this. I know that inserting a usb disk (depending on
> setup and version) causes a knock on effect by calling dbus,
> hal, and maybe more depending. But *how* does nautilus (or
> any other file manager system) find out that the disk is
> there and put an icon in the sidebar ("places")?
>
> I've checked bookmarks, GConf- nothing I can see anywhere
> tells me how this is done. I figured there must be a GConf
> setting somewhere or another backend that stores this
> otherwise there'd be too many lookups.
>
> Surely it can't be polling for it through hal
> continuously?
>
> Clues anyone?
> -- users mailing list

hal is no longer present in Fedora.  Which version of Fedora are you running?

Now udisk takes care of mounting usb disks as they become available.

I am trying to find a reference to indicate the changes and make it available here, but can't seem to find one.

Maybe this LWN article can help?

http://lwn.net/Articles/465921/

Regards,

Antonio