"It's time for you to leave."

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 30 03:57:07 UTC 2011

On 30-12-11 00:56, Joel Rees wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, Patrick, do your filters not work?

Filters work just fine and anything from this "Linda" person goes
directly to /dev/null.

It's just too bad that loonies like "Linda" and the threads that go on
and on further drifting away off-topic make for a rather bad S/N ratio.
Compare this list to for example the CentOS, Postfix, Dovecot, Asterisk
or FreeSWITCH mailing lists and you see a world of difference where
those lists are pretty strict in being on-topic, focused, professional
and provide quite a lot of good information. Would be nice if this list
got there too but I am not holding my breath. The same difference can be
seen comparing the Fedora irc channel to the irc channels of the other
lists I mentioned. I haven't figured out what is causing the vast
difference. Except that behavior from the likes of "Linda" and off-topic
stuff is generally not welcome on the other lists and irc channels and
dealt with appropriately.

Regards,
Patrick