"It's time for you to leave."

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Dec 30 04:16:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 04:57 +0100, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 30-12-11 00:56, Joel Rees wrote:
> > Just out of curiosity, Patrick, do your filters not work?
>
> Filters work just fine and anything from this "Linda" person goes
> directly to /dev/null.
>
> It's just too bad that loonies like "Linda" and the threads that go on
> and on further drifting away off-topic make for a rather bad S/N ratio.
> Compare this list to for example the CentOS, Postfix, Dovecot, Asterisk
> or FreeSWITCH mailing lists and you see a world of difference where
> those lists are pretty strict in being on-topic, focused, professional
> and provide quite a lot of good information. Would be nice if this list
> got there too but I am not holding my breath. The same difference can be
> seen comparing the Fedora irc channel to the irc channels of the other
> lists I mentioned. I haven't figured out what is causing the vast
> difference. Except that behavior from the likes of "Linda" and off-topic
> stuff is generally not welcome on the other lists and irc channels and
> dealt with appropriately.
----
On this list, we have a pretty wide variety of users including those
that are simply desktop only end users that simply want to use a
computer and aren't necessarily computer hobbyists nor system admins.
Thus the fedora-users list doesn't even slightly resemble the other
lists that you mentioned and it seems to be an unreasonable expectation
that you have.

I tend to have a high tolerance for eccentric people but a low tolerance
for those who treat the list like a resource for their school homework
rather than actually make an attempt to obtain the answers but I guess
everyone has their own flash points. Despite the obvious meanderings,
Linda does have a genuine interest in using Fedora, has repeatedly
demonstrated some in depth knowledge of Linux and Fedora and has done
research. I don't share your obvious contempt for her presence and think
you have been unnecessarily harsh but you don't have to please any of
us.

Craig

believed to be clean.