A couple of repeatable ways to freeze-up Fedora..

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Dec 30 12:23:51 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 01:16 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> This will cause F16 to become unresponsive as well.  Not sure if this is
> an indication, but Fedora is at 0.10.1 of shotwell.  openSUSE is at
> 0.11.5 and doesn't have this problem.

FWIW, I compiled and ran shotwell 0.11.6 on an F15 system and the
problem does *not* exist.  So, it is pretty much confirmed to be a
"shotwell" issue.

Now, the unfortunate part.  Shotwell 0.11.6 won't compile on F16 since
the version of vala supplied with F16 is greater than what shotwell will
accept.

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless