Firefox 9 on F16 can not set Home Page

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 30 16:42:20 UTC 2011

On 30-12-11 17:35, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> Not sure if this is related but have you tried clicking in the search
>> box on the logo/drop down arrow and then click on "Manage Search
>> Engines"? Bing is mentioned there. Perhaps you could try to click on
>> "Restore Defaults" or just remove Bing and everything you don't want.
> I go to Manage Search Engines , I highlight Google and click Ok. I still
> have the same problem.
> I even removed Bing from the list but it still shows up as my home page when I restart firefox.
> I think I give up on this.
>
>> Could it be a plugin that is messing with your settings? Have you
>> checked about:plugins?
>>
> I looked at about:plugins but I can't imagine a plugin hat would affect
> the default home page. Do you
> have a suggestion.

Have you tried stopping Firefox, renaming your Firefox profile and start
Firefox again to see if the problem persists? I think you could try that
with these steps after you have quit Firefox:

$ cd $HOME/.mozilla
$ mv firefox firefox.org

And start Firefox again. If the problem persists then move back the
Firefox profile:

$ cd $HOME/.mozilla
$ mv firefox.org firefox

And perhaps you could try to reinstall Firefox?

$ sudo yum reinstall firefox

Regards,
Patrick