"It's time for you to leave."

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 30 16:45:55 UTC 2011

On 30-12-11 10:00, nomnex wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 21:16:16 -0700
>> Craig White<craigwhite at azapple.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I don't share your obvious contempt for her presence and think
>> you have been unnecessarily harsh.
>
> I think that too. I am a Fedora desktop user. My understanding is that
> Fedora welcome a broad range of users.

Yes it does. That is not the issue. Craig feels that this list can not
be compared to the other projects I mentioned. But those other projects
also welcome a broad range of users yet the lack of a "Linda" person on
any of their mailing lists shows that they are apparently capable of
maintaining how they want their Community to interact and how members
use their mailing lists. And those projects also have mailing lists with
clearly defined purposes and guidelines. Just like this one.

  I have not problem with elitist
> people, but tolerance has to come first, else it's being pedantic.

Agree. But I don't think there is any intent to be elitist here. AFAIK
everybody is welcome. IMHO inexperienced end-users will have a harder
time getting basic stuff to work like playing an mp3 or an avi movie on
F16 then they will have on say Ubuntu or Mint. And from what I have seen
Ubuntu's and Mint's support system seems to be very successful in
getting inexperienced end-users going.

> Patrick could have either filter her (his?) messages, either not
> read them (what I did). No hard feeling on both sides.

Sure I could have ignored the trolling of this "Linda" person. But I
chose not to because he/she decided to ignore the official purpose of
this list and mailing list guidelines in spite of having been asked
several times to stay on topic by other people on this list before I
ever asked.

This is simply about staying on-topic on a mailing list with a clearly
defined purpose and clearly defined mailing list guidelines. If this
"Linda" person were to skip all those crazy stories about people bugs
and other totally off-topic stuff then he/she is off course most welcome
like anyone else (if I had any say in it, which I off course do not).
Even if he/she wants to discuss an issue with booting EOL F14 with 8 USB
sticks plugged in :)

Regards,
Patrick