Firefox 9 on F16 can not set Home Page

David dgboles at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 17:20:32 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 11:35 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 22:36 +0100, Patrick Lists wrote:
>> On 29-12-11 22:21, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>
>> Not sure if this is related but have you tried clicking in the search
>> box on the logo/drop down arrow and then click on "Manage Search
>> Engines"? Bing is mentioned there. Perhaps you could try to click on
>> "Restore Defaults" or just remove Bing and everything you don't want.
> I go to Manage Search Engines , I highlight Google and click Ok. I still
> have the same problem.
> I even removed Bing from the list but it still shows up as my home page when I restart firefox.
> I think I give up on this.
>
>> Could it be a plugin that is messing with your settings? Have you
>> checked about:plugins?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Patrick
> I looked at about:plugins but I can't imagine a plugin hat would affect
> the default home page. Do you
> have a suggestion.

Late here so I'm sorry if this has already been suggested.

In the URL space type:

about:config

in the search space type:

browser.startup.homepage

Does that say 'Bing' something? 'About:home' would be whatever you set
home to be in the GUI

about:blank would be a blank page

http://google.com would be...   :-)

also take a look at: