F16 - a good experience - except Zenbook trackpad + couple of other things

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 21:52:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Philip Rhoades <phil at pricom.com.au> wrote:

> +1 from me too but has anyone got a solution to the Zenbook trackpad
> hassles? (I am using XFCE) out and also:

What particular issues are you having with the trackpad - I don't have
that particular machine but I have startup commands to set touchpad
parameters using
1) Edits to the 50-synaptics file in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/*conf
along the lines of:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad catchall"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Option "TapButton1" "1"
        Option "TapButton2" "2"
        Option "TapButton3" "3"
EndSection

This allows the touchpad to work even at the login greeter.

and
2) In the start menu I have separate items such as
synclient TapButton1=1
synclient VertEdgeScroll=1

and also to disable touchpad clicks whilst typing but keep touchpad
dragging unaffected I have another line like:
syndaemon -t -k -i 1 -d

This ensures the touchpad functions I want still work in my xfce desktop.

Something similar may help you if these kinds of function are needed
on your system?

--
mike c