No title bar on app windows under XFCE in one user

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 02:00:48 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 07:43:30 +0900
> Joel Rees <joel.rees at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Haven't checked yet to see if that's fixed.
>>
>> As Aaron indicates, Gnome is fixed, too.
>>
>> Now, what I am curious about is what kind of thing I might have done
>> to talk XFCE out of starting its own window manager in the first
>> place. Anyone with the time to enlighten me?
>
> There's an outstanding bug where if you have multiple windows that ask
> to save state, xfwm4 will timeout and not save the session correctly.
>
> You might have hit this...

I've definitely hit it. I know I've logged the thing out several times
with multiple browsers windows, multiple tabs, etc.

Okay, I can set aside the paranoia about the web sites my kids are
visiting, relative to AdobeFlash. (Well, all except for one, which
I've asked my daughter to give up on. It keeps interrupting her
digimon videos with ads, some of which are not for children, and then
re-seeking the video. I think it's on purpose, although the pipes are
under holiday stress, too, of course.)

Thanks.

--
Joel Rees