Gnome3 - Forced Fallback Mode

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Dec 31 09:22:05 UTC 2011

On 31 Dec 2011 at 13:20, Jatin K wrote:

Date sent:      	Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:20:32 +0530
From:           	Jatin K <ssh.fedora at gmail.com>
To:             	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject:        	Re: Gnome3 - Forced Fallback Mode

> On Saturday 31 December 2011 12:18 PM, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
>
> I've been running Fedora 9 thru 14 in my lab over the years, but
> these issues have me stumped.
>
> Gnome3 works fine on some of my systems, but unfortunately my
> classrooms machines with Nvidia Geoforce FX 5200 cards it only
> works about 80%. >
>
> ***curiosity***
>
> how did you measure  the working condition of a Graphics Card
> percentage wise  ???
>
> 80% ...???? what does it mean ???

With the desktop being display the top panel/bar is unreadable,
which is about 5 percent of the screen. When only selects on the
applications the favorite icons are fine, and the icons and text in
the main part of the screen are fine. The 15% on the far right were
it shows the catagories have most of the characters display
unreadable.

> --
>    °v°
>   /(_)\
>    ^ ^  Jatin Khatri
> RHCSA,RHCE,CCNA
> Registerd Linux user No #501175
> www.counter.li.org
> No M$
>
> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        11634444.666745   |   EINSTEIN     7064750.339851
ROSETTA      4089587.875779   |   ABC         10117856.149962