"It's time for you to leave."

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 31 16:01:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 18:59 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 16:21 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> > On 12/30/2011 04:02 PM, Craig White wrote:
> > > I'm equally dismayed by your incessant whining about Gnome3 which I see
> > > as much the same thing.
> >
> > I'm sorry that you feel that way, Craig.  Please note, however, that I
> > always make it very clear that these are the reasons that I personally
> > don't use it and that I'm not suggesting that anybody else migrate away
> > from it unless they too don't like it.  And, I'd like to add that most
> > of what I don't like is the result of design decisions that don't make
> > the slightest bit of sense to me and that nobody on this list has tried
> > to justify.  Not that you have to of course, but it does strengthen my
> > belief that the Gnome devs are working in an ivory tower, neither
> > getting feedback from nor giving explanations to mere users.  As long as
> > what they wanted to give us was something I found easy to work with, it
> > didn't matter much, but now, it's just one more reason to leave and
> > never look back.  And, you'll note, when there's a post asking how to
> > get Gnome 3 to do something, I don't respond with a smart ass post
> > telling them to try XFCE, KDE, LXDE or something else, because that
> > wouldn't be answering their question.
> ----
> I suppose we weren't supposed to notice more whining when it is
> sandwiched between justification for the whining and
> self-congratulations on your own perceived good behavior?
>
> Craig
What I don't understand why people claim this list is open to all ideas
then attack people for saying things they don't want to hear. If people
would have just ignore statements of the OP I would not have to have
read multiple posts of people attacking him.

Gnome3.2 is a mess and one hopes that the developers will hear peoples
complaints and respond. I agree the attacks might be better on the Gnome
list, but we say what we want to say and if it is about Linux and or
Fedora I think it should be acceptable.

UFOs are for real: the Air Force doesn't exist.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net