"It's time for you to leave."

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Dec 31 19:17:34 UTC 2011

On 12/31/2011 09:17 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>   Often it's the newbie who is not (!) patient enough and doesn't
> show any interest in examining/learning/fixing something. Instead, there
> are complaints and rushed reinstalls (only to run into the same problem
> later, giving reason again to complain).

There was a time when I'd try to explain this to people, but I've
stopped because I learned that it was a waste of time and bandwidth.
Not only didn't the newcomers want to hear that their plan wouldn't
work, they'd almost always started reinstalling without waiting to see
what others said.  Now I just sit back and watch, unless the poster is
asking *if* reinstalling would be a good idea because that indicates a
willingness to learn.