[mosty OT] trollfilter software

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Dec 31 22:08:35 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 13:52 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/31/2011 01:44 PM, Craig White wrote:
> > POP3 for a typical mail client is for people who are mired in the 1990's
> > and thus slavishly move mail from computer to computer, program to
> > program, either out of ignorance for a better way or just lack
> > imagination. But if you never change computers, never change e-mail
> > programs, never want to use another computer or device to check e-mail,
> > then sure, POP3.
>
> So, let me get this straight.  By your standards, I'm insane and mired
> in the past simply because I prefer having all of my email on my own
> computer, rather than leaving it on some server out in the cloud.  I
> think it's better that I keep my comments on that to myself in this case.
----
I said it was insane to believe that he preferred to use POP3 - you
could have easily discovered that information by checking the web page
he linked.

If you want to mire your e-mail to the local store of the mail client
and computer of the moment that's surely your business and I wish you
luck with that. You would probably be better served by using Gmail but
the choice is yours and you can change at any time.

Craig

believed to be clean.