RS880 Audio Device (Radeon HD 4200) HDMI sound interface difficulties

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Dec 31 23:27:11 UTC 2011

Everyone,

I have a new install of F16 on a Gateway laptop with an ATI Movility
Radeon HD4250 that I am not able to get any sound output through an hdmi
interface.  I believe that I have the sound interface selected
appropriately.  The speakers on the laptop work fine, but there is no
sound to the hdmi.  I have also tested the hdmi receiver with a
different laptop and it is working satisfactorily.

Does anyone know if there are special drivers that are needed for this.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks much,

Greg Ennis