No subject

Tue Dec 13 00:04:01 UTC 2011

> But POP3
> enables relatively unsophisticated users to access e-mail in an
> unsophisticated fashion and manage their e-mail in an unsophisticated
> way and if that suits them, then by all means, they should use it...
> heck, I'm driving a car from before and a motorcycle from just after the
> turn of the century =A0 ;-)

Automatic or manual tranny/clutch? ;-)

(Fondly remembering the 1600cc Mitusbishi-made Dodge Colt 4-speed I
drove in High School.)

> Craig
>
> [1] There are some who believe that the US Government has already
> indexed/read your e-mails...
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/oct/11/us-governm=
ent-secretly-reads-your-email

Given that Linux itself is considered a subversive activity by many of
our CongressCritters, I'd say that the odds are pretty high that all
the regulars on this list are, indeed, scanned and indexed. Be nice if
they'd let me look in their indexes for that e-mail that my calibrated
eyeball filter missed last week before dumping the spambox. (I have a
copy of the message, but I like to keep the envelopes around for a
while.)

--
Joel Rees