Some thoughts on Audacious in Fedora

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:55:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 14:30:14 -0500, Digimer wrote:

> > Audacious refuses to load or play MP3s for me since a recent update
> > (Fedora 14 x86_64). I'm guessing this is the kind of problem you are
> > talking about?

Yes. The updated -freeworld plugin packages are in linked within the
rpmfusion bugzilla, but have not been pushed to the repos yet.

> I installed the audacious-related RPMs from your repo, but MP3s still
> fail to play with the decoder error.

Sure. You've misunderstood the purpose of the 2.5 repo. It is not
expected to "fix" the MP3 problem with Audacious 2.4.3 in Fedora 14.
It cannot fix it, since it cannot include MP3 and other -freeworld plugins.