gksu alternative for Fedora

kellyremo kellyremo at zoho.com
Sun Feb 6 17:29:14 UTC 2011

i knowed beesu before, but i think it's only for gaining priviledge to the root user.

i'm missing the "gksu -u SOMEUSER SOMECOMMAND" from Fedora 14 :(

---- On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 05:57:28 -0800 Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> wrote ----

On Sunday 06 February 2011 13:02:34 kellyremo wrote:
> I want to run an app [graphical] not with my default user on my laptop when
> using GNOME.
>
> Are there any gksu alternatives for Fedora 14? Even kdesu isn't in the
> offical repositoryes. Why?

# yum info beesu
[snip]
Description : Beesu is a wrapper around su and works with consolehelper under
 : Fedora to let you have a graphic interface like gksu.

HTH, :-)
Marko