Default user groups

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Sun Feb 6 22:16:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:16 AM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> How about a shell script that envokes adduser and then one or more chgrp
> commands.

Yeah, I did something like that in the end. I just was looking for the
least disruptive and most in-line way to do it. Debian has a config
file for specifying what additional groups a new user should be a part
of, so I was looking for something similar in Fedora.

You'd think it's something important, setting what groups a new user
should be a part of by default, but apparently not :-)

Anyway, I've implemented a work around which will do for now. Thanks!

-c