Lost desktop icons (F13)

David dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 03:10:47 UTC 2011

On 2/6/2011 9:57 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/06/2011 06:37 PM, David wrote:
>> FIRST: Would someone please try to help the OP?
>
> Alas, except for pointing out that the two events probably aren't linked
> I have no idea how to help.  I wish I did.

True.

The two times, that I can think of, that 'Linux died' for me were caused
by improper shutdowns. Basically 'pull the plug' situations. One by a
son before UPS systems and once after UPS systems when the battery died
after a length of time since Linux at that time did not support
shutdowns on power failures. Come to think ot that i am not sure that is
supported today either.

--

  David