f14 :: cagibi disable

Adrian Sevcenco Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch
Mon Feb 7 15:42:49 UTC 2011

On 02/07/11 17:22, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
>
>> Hi! Have anyone some idea about how can i disable this pest?
>
> We can try to implement that, but ... why?  what's the use-case?  Is it
> causing problems?
i have the habit that if i dont need something it shouldn't run ..
i don't use upnp (ssdp) and the thing that i don't have control to close
a networking something that listen (or multicast) on 1900 is ..
disturbing ...
IMHO anything that has potentially a network connection should have an
easy way to be disabled (turned off)

So at this point can you tell me how can i disable this from auto
starting? and maybe why this doesn't have an option to be disabled (as
it is usually done in linux world : give the people the power of choice)

Thanks!
Adrian