yum error creating exported file system for diskless client

Frederick N. Brier fnbrier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:14:49 UTC 2011

I went through the files in the yum.repos.d directory including fedora.repo, fedora-updates.rep and fedora-updates-testing.repo, and swapped out the baseurl lines with macro variables with an absolute repo's URL, ie:

#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
baseurl=http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/fedora.redhat/linux/releases/13/Everything/x86_64/os/

That worked.  I was able to install base OS and follow all the other steps.  I am now having a different issue with the tftp timing out on the diskless workstation, but that may be related to the motherboard's built-in Ethernet port or a conflict with dnsmasq and tftpd.  Still working on that, but if taking the macro variables out of the baseurl gives anyone a hint as to what this problem was, please let me know.  I was not having any problems with normal yum updates, just installing the OS into a different directory, so I will probably switch the baseurl back.  Thank you for any help.