installation Joomla

Alain Roger raf.news at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 18:07:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

i'm facing an interesting issue. The whole day i read psots about joomla
installation issue with file configuration.php which is not writtable and
another issue with directory permissions.
However, everything i tried was unsuccessful and therefore i've decided to
write a message in this list to see if someone could help me.

basically when you install joomla on F14, installation checks if
configuration.php file iswrittable.
in my case, under F14, it is not writtable even i set chmod 777.
i also tried to change group of owner or owner from root to apache but once
again without success (chgrp, chown).
i also trie to setup such things for the whole joomla package of files
(site) but once again => unsuccessful.

do you have an idea what could it be ?

thank a lot,
--