Advice / options - using and providing web services on Fedora

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 14:45:13 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I'm using a LAPP setup and have to now start looking at using and maybe
providing web services in order to connect to another organisation's systems.

I currently have no knowledge of web services, XML, SOAP etc. so any help
pointers or resources would be appreciated.

I've done some Googling and it looks like I should be looking at NuSOAP but I
was wondering what people's opinions are.

I will be doing very basic enquiry type transactions, submitting a criteria
and receiving a response.  There is no need for persistant connections,
transaction control etc.

If I do have to start providing web services as well as writing clients, would
NuSOAP be enough, or do I need something else such as Apache Axis?

Sorry for the vague questions, but Google is generating more questions than
answers so any help will be appreciated.

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn