Scrambled Text - After recent update

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:13:45 UTC 2011

On 02/10/2011 12:19 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> It is true that glibc was updated yesterday to:
> glibc-2.13-1.i686
>
> But I am nor seeing what you see.

Thanks Aaron.  It turned out - apparently - that it was the "video mode"
I specified in the kernel line in GRUB (because otherwise I don't get
the graphical boot).

The usual: "the last update is usually the culprit" ...led me to believe
it was related to glibc.  I didn't know that by booting with an
incorrect vga value would cause such issues when the desktop is already
up.

I don't have the problem anymore (after removing the vga parameter). I'm
still not 100% sure though ( I don't know that much on low-level graphic
issues).

Regards,
Jorge