how to run kdesu without asking password?

erikmccaskey64 erikmccaskey64 at zoho.com
Fri Feb 11 11:09:28 UTC 2011

[root at a ~]# kdesudo
bash: kdesudo: command not found...
[root at a ~]# yum search kdesudo
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Adding en_US to language list
Existing lock /var/run/yum.pid: another copy is running as pid 29015.
Another app is currently holding the yum lock; waiting for it to exit...
  The other application is: PackageKit
    Memory :  25 M RSS ( 66 MB VSZ)
    Started: Fri Feb 11 12:05:10 2011 - 00:06 ago
    State  : Sleeping, pid: 29015
 * fedora: mirrors.uaip.org
 * rpmfusion-free: download1.rpmfusion.org
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: download1.rpmfusion.org
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: download1.rpmfusion.org
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: download1.rpmfusion.org
 * updates: mirrors.uaip.org
Warning: No matches found for: kdesudo
No Matches found
[root at a ~]# apropos kdesu
kdesu (1)            - Runs a program with elevated privileges
[root at a ~]# apropos kdesudo
[root at a ~]#

kdesu was in the "kdebase-runtime" package. but where is kdesudo?

please help me find it!

---- Be Fri, 11 Feb 2011 02:08:03 -0800 Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> írta ----

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:47 AM, erikmccaskey64 <erikmccaskey64 at zoho.com> wrote:

> Fedora 14, with GNOME:
>
> sudo works without password:
>
> visudo
> MYUSER ALL=(transmission-user) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/transmission-gtk
>
> then:
> xhost local:transmission-user
> sudo -u transmission-user -- /usr/bin/transmission-gtk
>
> ok, it runs without prompting for a password. [I'm logged in with the
> "MYUSER" user]
>
> But: when i want to use kdesu, then:
>
> kdesu -c "/usr/bin/transmission-gtk" -u transmission-user &
> it asks for a password.
>
> How can i set kdesu to not prompt for a password with a given user/command?
> [just like with sudo]

kdesudo?