why is /var/spool/cups so huge?

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Sun Feb 13 15:24:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been running F14 since the day it came out (on LXDE) and I have
noticed that my / is now as much as 7.3G in size. (My /home is separate
so these are really system-related files in /). Upon investigation, I
have come to realize that my /var/spool/cups is almost 4GB.

sudo du -sm /var/spool/cups/
3953	/var/spool/cups/

I was wondering why this is so high, and whether there is some setting
that I should change for this. This has never previously been a problem
for me even when using LXDE. Does anyone have some suggestions.

Many thanks in advance for your help, and best wishes,
Ranjan