CR-48 Gobi 2000 Support

Derek Tracy tracyde at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:15:38 UTC 2011

Has anyone gotten the Gobi 2000 chipset to work with the qcserial driver?  I
have found a few patches but do not want to roll my own kernel if I don't
have to (that's why I left Gentoo).  Is there a way to just build the
qcserial driver using dkms or something, or maybe another way to add the USB
Id's to the code?

Has anybody found an up to date rpm for the gobi_loader that loads the
firmware for the chipset?

I'm willing to work with an individual or team to help better support the
CR-48 hardware (it runs Fedora nicely) just don't know where to start.

Derek Tracy
tracyde at gmail.com