setup nfs w/o synchronizing uids?

Peter Skensved peter at jay.phy.QueensU.CA
Mon Feb 14 17:08:24 UTC 2011

Bill Davidsen wrote :
> I haven't gotten that working, although I had limited time to look at the
> problem. I have one machine with uid issues, so I would like to have a better
> fix than a series of one time hacks. On the other hand, I have a bunch of other
> machines which have uid match and take most of my time, so uid fixing has
> dropped to my "would be nice" list.

 I haven't tried this myself but this may be what you're looking for :

[Translation]
Method = nsswitch

( in idmapd.conf )

 It isn't documented in the man pages for CentOS 5.5 ( RHEL 5.5 ) but it showed
up in bugzilla under fedora.

                         peter
----

Peter Skensved                          Email : peter at SNO.Phy.QueensU.CA
Dept. of Physics,
Queen's University,
Kingston, Ontario,
Canada