Trouble Installing Fedora 14 on VMware 7.1.3

Chris Kottaridis chriskot at quietwind.net
Tue Feb 15 13:12:07 UTC 2011

I have VMWorkstation 7.1.3 installed on my Windows 7 box and a Fedora
Core 14 box. When I try to create a VM machine and install Fedora 14
X86_64 I get the following error:

>The following problem occurred on line 65 of kickstart file:
>
>Section does not end with %%end

I have used this DVD to install Fedora 14 X86_64 on a real host with no
problem. I am pretty sure this was the DVD I used to install Fedora 14
x86_64 on the host I am sending this email from and trying to install a
Fedora Guest OS on since it's the only Fedora 14 X86_64 DVD I have
around and I am definitely running Fedora 14 x86_64 on this host.

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 14 (Laughlin)

I have this same problem whether my host is a Fedora 14 or Windows 7.

Has anyone run into this before ?

Any pointers or suggestions appreciated.

By the way I can install Fedora 13 x86_64 DVD just fine.

Thanks
Chris Kottaridis