yum include?!?

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 16 12:09:24 UTC 2011

valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com <valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I was looking for a way to use ONLY specific packages from some repos,
> and exclude everything else. There are some repos that have just one
> or two packages I want/need.
> I don't want other packages conflicting others in fedora repos. Is
> there a way to exclude everything except few specific packages?

See the repo-specific "exclude" and "includepkgs" options from the yum.conf man
page.

              exclude Same as the [main] exclude  option  but  only  for  this
              repository.   Substitution  variables, described below, are hon‐
              ored here.

              includepkgs Inverse of exclude. This is a list of  packages  you
              want  to  use  from  a repository. If this option lists only one
              package then that is all yum will ever see from the  repository.
              Defaults  to  an  empty list.  Substitution variables, described
              below, are honored here.