WiFi: why not a diagram showing access points?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 17 00:56:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 15:54 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> But I'm not in a built-up area.
> I do see one other (hidden) network, but it is quite weak.

As Patrick said, cordless phones can interfere.  Plus leaky microwave
ovens, wireless home security equipment, gigaHertz video senders,
lighting dimmers and switchmode power supplies.  Whilst the latter two
don't, directly, work in the frequency range of WiFi, they can radiate
an awful lot of hash that disrupts many things.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.