Playing .mov files in Fedora

Jim binarynut at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 20:18:18 UTC 2011

On 02/17/2011 03:06 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Thursday 17 February 2011 19:36:27 Jim wrote:
>> Fedora 14 /KDE
>>
>> I have video.mov file I want to play in Fedora.
>>
>> MoviePlayer, VLC, Xine, DragonPlayer will not play it, how can I Convert
>> to another format , using what App ?
> Run "mplayer video.mov" in a terminal, copy-paste all of its output, and post
> it here on the list, so that we can see what is wrong with the playback.
>
> HTH, :-)
> Marko

MPlayer SVN-r31628-4.4.4 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing battle of marjha raveenf.mov.
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] stream 0: subtitle (unknown), -sid 0, -slang eng
LAVF: no audio or video headers found - broken file?
ISO: File Type Major Brand: Original QuickTime
Quicktime/MOV file format detected.
[mov] Subtitle stream found, -sid 0
No stream found.

Exiting... (End of file)