F14 and grub

Christian Langer clanger.christian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 20:44:43 UTC 2011

I was altering my /boot/grub/ folder on F14 on my hard drive. To do this I
was using the F14 live dvd. (I was booting from my dvd drive for no
particular reason).I was trying to create another splash.xpm.gz, other than
to try something different). file, in /boot/grub/ (on the HD) which I did
following directions e.g., 14 colors only, 480x640, save as splash.xpm,
gzip, copy to /boot/grub. But now F14 (hard drive) will not boot; I get a
flashing _ and that is it.So obviously I have done something more than just
replace splash.xpm.gz. grub.conf looks the same as before I started. Any
suggestions? Thanks,

Chris