Can not open Desktop effects on FC14

Yunchi Wang wyunchilovechina at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:03:37 UTC 2011

Thanks for helping me. But after I inupt command "strace -o
desktop-effects.out desktop-effects", the output is:
Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'desktop-effects' received an X Window System
error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 141 error_code 3 request_code 138 minor_code 4)
aborting...
Does it mean that my X Window System is down? How can I repair it?

2011/2/24 JB <jb.1234abcd at gmail.com>

> Yunchi Wang <wyunchilovechina <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> $ strace -o desktop-effects.out desktop-effects
> and analyse the output (where it fails).
>
> Additional info:
> $ yum list desktop-effects
> Installed Packages
> desktop-effects.i686  0.8.7-2.fc14