Fedora Core 14 wireless issue with Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200)

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 16:15:02 UTC 2011

On 02/25/2011 03:49 AM, Sebastian wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Just some background info and a query.
> I downloaded and did a fresh install of 64-bit Fedora about a week ago
> from Fedora site..
> Do I understand correctly that when I did the install, FC14 loaded the
> rev 09 firmware and that
> this is already an old firmware?
>
> Now, do I understand correctly that I need to keep that old firmware
> but roll back to an older Fedora Kernel to get the Intel Centrino
> Advanced-N 6200 to play nice
> with Fedora?
>

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:34 PM, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jd1008 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     By the way, I found the correct firmware for your card:
>     *6000 Images – for Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 and Advanced-N 6200
>     ***
>     http://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi/downloads/iwlwifi-6000-ucode-9.221.4.1.tgz

For the time being,
0. su - root
1. just unpack the tar file into an empty directory:
     mkdir ~/tmpdir
2. Untar the file there:
     tar -C ~/tmpdir -zxpf  {The path leading up
to}/iwlwifi-6000-ucode-9.221.4.1.tgz
<http://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi/downloads/iwlwifi-6000-ucode-9.221.4.1.tgz>
3. cd iwlwifi-6000-ucode-9.221.4.1
4. cp iwlwifi-6000-4.ucode  /lib/firmware
5. sync; sleep 1; sync; sleep 1; reboot

During reboot, the driver will automatically look for iwlwifi-6000-4.ucode
and load it into the wifi card.

Good luck.