internet apps don't connect in FC14

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 15:02:15 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 23:52 -0800, bruce wrote:
> but the OP had stated that NM wasn't active..
>
> and i'm still not convinced that NM is "reporting" to Firefox. Which
> isn't to say that FF isn't accessing something to connect to the the
> port.

[Please don't top-post on this list. See the Guidelines]

The OP didn't mention NM, so he could hardly have said that it wasn't
active. And NM isn't "reporting" anything to Firefox. NM is registering
a service (presumably via D-bus, though I haven't checked) and FF is
picking it up. That's the way desktop apps are supposed to work.

poc