random crashes

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 19:08:58 UTC 2011

On 2/27/11, Patrick Bartek <bartek047 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> TO: OP
>
> If you think it's specifically a Fedora problem (I don't), I would install

Me neither. It's just that I still think it's possible that it's not a
HW problem.

> (a real dual boot install--not a LiveCD) distro other than Fedora that has
> the same versions of kernel, GNOME, etc. to see if the problem persists.
> Then try one that has different kernel, etc.

Is there a reason why a real install is better in this case? The disk
can be exercised with a live cd, too. Of course, one is constrained to
the applications that are on the cd, but still... And finding a distro
with the same components is probably impossible.

BTW, I'm running a 32 bit live cd now and it's been chugging along
under heavyish load (load avg above 4)  with no problems. Doesn't mean
a thing, of course... But if it goes on like this, then trying the 64
bit live cd or installing the 32 bit version of F14 will probably make
sense.

Andras

Andras