Outgoing email filters for claws-mail

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 23:44:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 21:42:29 +0000
Sam Sharpe <lists.redhat at samsharpe.net> wrote:

> On 1 January 2011 16:05, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Can anyone point me to how to setup outgoing email filters with
> > claws. I am using Claws with Gmail over IMAP and would like to put
> > a copy of the sent email in the folder I am replying from. Without
> > this my replies don't appear in the thread.
>
> I don't have claws-mail currently configured, but from memory what you
> are looking for is actually in the folder properties. Right click on
> the top level folder in your inbox and check the settings. There
> should be one to save replies in the same folder. There will also be a
> tickbox on the right saying "apply this to subfolders", which you need
> to tick. Hit Apply and you should be done.

That did the trick. This also eliminates the duplicate messages in Sent
Mail! I had a small hiccup though, sometimes I use different email
addresses to respond(but the same smtp server). The above setting was
working only for the default email address. However setting the default
email account separately for each folder did the trick (options are on
the same menu).

PS: Claws mail seems to be the near perfect email client I was looking
for so long, loving it! :)

--
Suvayu