skype on fedora 14 x86_64

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:26:30 UTC 2011

On Sunday 02 January 2011 18:15:31 Johan Scheepers wrote:
> On 01/02/2011 05:40 PM, Lucélio Gomes de Freitas wrote:
> >>
> >> Now I would like to get a webcam going.
> >>
> >> Did some google but it seem that this is still in diapers??
> >>
> >> I do have a logitech (model unknown) for a few years.
> >> Works fine on windows.
> >>
> >> Willing to buy a webcam that does work on fedora 14 x86_64.
> >
> > Try to use your logitech on 2.6.35.10-74.fc14.x86_64.   It works.
>
> The package name?, please.

He is talking about the latest kernel. "uname -r" will tell you what version
you are currently running. If it isn't the latest, do a "yum update", reboot,
and then try your webcam again.

That said, I am not sure it will work. Use lspci and/or lsusb to find some
details about your webcam. Do you have a /dev/video entry in /dev? Or
/dev/video0 or something similar? If you do, it is likely that your webcam is
recognized and the proper driver is already in place.

HTH, :-)
Marko