ipv6 question

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sun Jan 2 23:11:46 UTC 2011

On 01/02/2011 06:08 PM, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:
>>  There was some earlier discussion (mainly about NAT being now
>> irrelevant in the face of ipv6).
>>
>>  Question for you experts:
>>
>>   How does one manage your internal ip6 network so that an ISP change
>> (which under NAT/ipv4 is irrelevant) - is straightforward/clean to manage ?
>>
>>  thanks!
>>

> becoming a autonomous system (AS) ?

  For a large company maybe - but no way phone/cable/google company is
gonna route everyone to their own private AS - or are you telling me
different?

  With ip4 + nat - isp changes are bog trivial ... are we saying this is
a royal pain in the patoot under ip6 ? Assuming we keep ip6 internally
... maybe we just keep ip4 internally and only use ip6 on the border/dmz
firewalls ?