Download phonebook via Bluetooth?

Michael Miles mmamiga6 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 03:07:54 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org
[mailto:users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Patrick
O'Callaghan
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 6:11 PM
To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Re: Download phonebook via Bluetooth?

On Sun, 2011-01-02 at 18:10 -0500, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
> I'm running Fedora 13 and I'm looking for a way to download my phone's
> phonebook over bluetooth.
>
> I know my car is capable of downloading the phonebook from the phone
> so I'm sure there's a way to do it.
>
> suggestions?

I suggest you at least mention the make and model of your phone ...

poc

First of all you must have a Bluetooth capable wireless in your computer
Make the connection between the devices and sent your contact list via
Bluetooth to your computer from your phone.

It is simple but you may have to send one at a time unless you sync the
contacts or phonebook via Bluetooth with your mail client.
The software from your phone would have to be installed into your linux box

NokSync is a plugin for Thunderbird that works. The only downside is that
you also need Nokia PC Sync v6.82 which Nokia doesn't distribute any longer

That is if you have a nokia of course.

Good luck