xmms only playing mp3 as root

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 3 10:58:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 12:45 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:
> Started on linux in 1998 with redhat 5 box set. The book in the box
> "running linux by O'Reilly". Read it from cover to cover and found it
> still valid today. Later mandrake, suse, ubuntu.  So I *know* the
> dangers of "root".

But still, you did it...

If you read my ENTIRE message, you may have paid attention to the bit
about the assigning of access hardware to particular users.

But no, I'm inclined to just say "what a head up ass" user, and leave
you to sort out your self inflicted wounds by yourself.  Both now, and
in the future.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i686.PAE