ipv6 question

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Mon Jan 3 14:39:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 12:55:03AM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> I hate to spoil your fun, but I have my internal network receiving IPv6
> addresses. I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

*Shrug*.  Strokes.  As long as you're not flooding the Internet with
your internal IP addresses, good on you.

I'm just saying that there are no significant advantages to internal
LANs using IPv6 vs. IPv4 at this time, and significant effort to convert
private networks to IPv6.  And everything isn't IPv6 ready yet, so
that's additional work.  Most organizations--and individuals--won't see
any payoff for the work.

> Some of us, in the civilized world, have moved on to using DNS instead
> of memorizing a bunch of numbers.

And what, in Ghu's name, makes you think I--or any significant number of
people--do that?

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat