Viewing apple.com trailers

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:23:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

> It's just gecko-mediaplayer.  The file contains both the player and the
> plugin.
>
> Also, you should uninstall Totem completely, since gecko-mediaplayer does
> everything it does and does it better.  I've never had good results with

Okay, I've done that, and the good news is that apple.com/trailers now
works as expected.

I also removed totem-mozplugin, totem, and totem-nautilus, and now
Firefox starts in offline mode and gmail says "viewing Gmail in basic
HTML" because my browser isn't supported.

I've restarted FF, disabled offline mode, and restarted again, and it
always starts in offline mode.

There's otherwise nothing wrong with my networking.

Ideas?
Thanks,
Alex