Interesting Evolution Issue

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 4 16:48:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 17:39 -0700, Frank Tanner wrote:
> After I upgraded to Fedora 14 from Fedora 13, an issue has cropped up
> with my Address Book, I am hoping that someone has seen.
>
> I exported my configuration from the old one and imported it into the
> new one.  When I click on two of my three address books that I have I
> get the following error message:
>
> Unable to open Address Book
> This address book cannot be opened.  This either means that the
> incorrect URI was entered, or the server is unreachable.
> Detailed error message: Invalid source
>
> The two address books that give this error worked fine in the version of
> Evolution that was in Fedora 13.
>
> Can anyone think of what caused this error and/or how to resolve it?
>
> THank you.
> --

> Frank Tanner III (pctech at mybellybutton.com)
>
> ICQ:  1730844
> AIM:  KalokSundancer
> MSN:  pctech at mybellybutton.com
> YIM:  fbtanner

I am experiencing this as well, and have not yet been able to resolve
it, although I did track down the files.  I am unwilling to edit them
until I am sure I can recover any missteps.

I had a thread on configuration errors that you can look up if you want
the file locations (I don't have that in front of me now.)

Regards,
Les H