How to get window focus to travwel with mouse under compiz

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Jan 5 01:20:29 UTC 2011

Aaron Konstam writes:

> On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 17:54 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> Aaron Konstam writes:
>>
>> > In F14 is you want to get your window focus to follow your mouse while
>> > using compiz this seems to work.
>> > Run Configuration editor. Then go to /app/mwetacity/general/focus_mode
>> > and change the value from click to mouse.
>> >
>> > Seems to make no sense bit it seems to do the job.
>>
>> Or, install the control-center package, and find this setting in
>> System→Windows
>>

> Not if you are using compiz you won't. And you mean:
> System->Peferences-> Windows
> which gives you an error if you are running the compiz .

Hmmm -- you may have to drop out of compiz into metacity, set this option,
then switch it back. But it does work in compiz. I don't recall ever having
to twiddle config changes manually. In CompizConfig I have "Gnome
Compatibility" enabled -- that may be the trick to getting compiz to honor
this config setting.