Partition changes while install F14

sdawalt at donet.com sdawalt at donet.com
Sun Jan 9 20:25:07 UTC 2011

    I was hoping to use anaconda's GUI interface to repartition my
hard drive while installing F14, but I ran into a problem with
anaconda's custom layout option.  (I currently have F9 installed.)
After I resize the partition then re-edit the partition and choose the
Format option, anaconda tends to forget the size I entered and resets
it to the original size.  After playing with this a while, I chose to
continue with installation .  This caused anaconda to throw an
exception having to do with partition information.

    I can use a character-based partitioning tool, but it's been years
since I've used one.  Is there one that is preferred?

    Shane