kde4 vs gnome ... stick with gnome for now

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Mon Jan 10 01:14:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Add it to the menu first. Right-click the kde menu icon, select menu editor, do
> an "add item" in a convenient position, save, close. Then go to the menu,
> right-click your app, and select "add to panel". Make sure to unlock the
> widgets before you try to add it to the panel.

On my system, I can just browse to the directory which has the program
(or .desktop file) I want to add (like /usr/bin) and click and drag it
up onto the bar where the existing icons are (like the browser). It
makes a space and I just drop it there. Doesn't get much easier than
that, I don't think.

-c